At Swallowdale we expect all children to be well behaved, polite and respectful to everyone.
Our Behaviour Plan has been discussed by the children and the adults who work in the school. It is a record of how we behave towards each other and wish others to behave towards us.
OUR RULES FOR LIFE
- Show good manners at all times
- Follow instructions straight away
- Care for everyone and everything
FOUNDATION & KEY STAGE 1
Stickers 123 Magic Gold Book Certificates Reward Card
KEY STAGE 2
Table Points Merit Charts Commendations Silver Book Reward card
Stickers Gold and Silver Books
Labelled PE Kit and water bottles to be in school each day
Only watches and ear studs allowed
MY BEHAVIOUR IS MY RESPONSIBILITY AND I WILL ALWAYS HAVE A CHANCE TO EXPLAIN AND DISCUSS MY BEHAVIOUR WITH ANY ADULT IN SCHOOL
Here are some examples of when rules are broken:-
- If I call out I understand that I am not showing good manners
- If I am not paying attention to an adult in assembly, in the dinner hall, in the playground or in lesson time I understand that I am not following instructions straight away
- If I disrupt the learning time of others I understand that I am not showing care of everyone and everything
CONSEQUENCES FOR NOT FOLLOWING OUR RULES
- Will be reminded of the appropriate rule for life or specific instruction
- Will be given a chance to put things right
- May be asked to stay back to discuss behaviour with an adult
- May be asked to sit elsewhere or in another class setting
- Parents will be informed about their child’s behaviour and invited into school to discuss the problem if the problem persists or is of a serious nature
- May be sent for a behavioural form and consequently a letter will be sent to parents
- May have to attend supervised Time-Out sessions during lunch times with parents knowledge
- May be given a Target Card or Behaviour Improvement Card in co-operation with parents
- May have privileges removed with parents knowledge
- May be seen by the Headteacher for persistent behaviour problems or for a particular incident (this involves parents and may lead to lunch-time, day(s) or permanent exclusion
We expect that all parents will work in partnership with us to support positive outcomes for the children and the school.
You can find details of our Behaviour Policy on this website under Policies.